It's cookies time! Who can say no to a chocolate chip cookie? No one. Who can say no to a Christmas chocolate chip cookie? Absolutely no one! These little guys are pimped with spices, nuts and cranberries and they just take the normal chocolate chip cookie that step up it needs this Christmas.
Christmas Chocolate Chip Cookies
150 g butter
125 g caster sugar
125 g light muscovado sugar
1/2 tsp cardamom
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
100 g all purpose flour
50 g bread flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
zest of 1 organic orange
150 g chocolate, your choice
50 g pecan nuts
50 g dried cranberries
1. Start by browning the butter, get it nice and toasty. It should start smelling very nutty.
2. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
3. Chop the chocolate, pecans and cranberries in small to medium pieces.
4. Put the sugar, salt, spices and butter in a bowl and stir until combined and lump free.
5. Add the egg and beat for a few minutes until light and thick.
6. Sieve in the flour, baking soda and orange zest and fold in carefully until almost combined.
7. Add the chocolate, nuts and cranberries and fold in until just combined.
8. Let setup in room temperature for 30 minutes. This will make it easier to roll nice balls out of the dough.
9. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and roll nice and smooth. Place on a tray and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or over night for an even more intense flavor.
Top tip! After they've been in the fridge you can freeze them and bake them one at a time when you feel like cookies. You are going to want to bake them for18 - 20 minutes if you take them from the freezer.
10. Preheat the oven to 180° C and put no more than 6 cookies on a tray. They need space because they will spread.
11. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes depending on how soft or chewy you want them. They should have started browning at the edges.
12. Take them out and let them cool before eating.
I hope you give these little cookies a go because they are great! Until next time guys!